Okay, so it's been an interesting first ten days into 2010. Let me just clear my mind by sharing the following thoughts:
- My sister Jenny has the ability to give me uplifting words, and make me feel like everything will be alright. She is a magical woman, and her power is real.
- There truly is a thin line between love and hate, and vice verse. Damn you head and heart! Work together!
- Soup is our friend. I made corn chowder with chorizo the other day, and was extremely pleased with myself. The trick was a pinch of thyme.
- During these days of bitter cold I worried about people that are homeless. I need to get back to volunteering and seeing how I can be of service.
- I passed the dreaded Praxis II. I'm still pissed that test can eliminate people from entering the classroom. Yes, it tests for core content knowledge of laws and pedagogy, however, it doesn't test for the devotion and spirit needed to serve as a teacher. And, I had to pay to take it. Something wrong with that setup.
- Going to the gym with my homegirl Moya is a godsend. We gossip, do crunches, check out men, lift weights, have a bitch-fest, run some cardio, and then I hit the sauna. I'm still thick in the middle, but grateful for moving my body.
- I feel proud of staying committed to blogging and enjoying the work of other bloggers. It has been a wonderful refuge during challenging times.