Apr 9, 2013

Annette's Turn At Metamorphosis



When I was a young kid, around the age of 7 or 8, the local TV station showed old episodes of the Mickey Mouse Club from the 1950s.

It was during these broadcasts that I was introduced to Annette Funicello. I so wanted to hangout with Annette, hey all the other Mouseketeers seemed to hover around. Oh, I considered myself a Mouseketter at that time.

She could sing, act and dance en pointe! Yet, Annette was the beautiful and talented girl that was still humilde.

I even digged some of her beach movies. It helped that she had that cutie Frankie Avalon hanging with her. Yeah, Annette's world was not only filled with music and dance, but also cuteness.

She was another of those performers that helped me escape, a harsh childhood, and spend some time in a fantasy world.

She is now free from a body that was afflicted with MS, and can now transition to a new reality.

Ciao darling! Thank you.

3 comments:

Reneé said...

MS is a terrible thing so we should celebrate her freedom from suffering. She was cared for like a queen by her husband and assistant by all accounts that I've heard over the years. They should be proud of what they did for her while she was alive.

Wonder Man said...

good point, she will become something more

Moving with Mitchell said...

I loved Annette when I was a kid for the same reasons you mention. (And, admittedly, I did NOT have to wait for the original Mickey Mouse Club to come out in reruns.) She lived such a long time with MS. In honor of Annette, "beach party tonight!"