On this first snow day in the new year, I have time to kick back and write down some random thoughts:
- While I do have wonderful family and friends that have had my back on many occasions, at times the best persons I can rely on is me, myself and I.
- I saw drag queens from Kinky Boots perform at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, and a gay couple get married at the Tournament of Roses Parade. Who would've thunk it!
- I have yet to know anyone that watches Duck Dynasty. Moreover, all of the Duck Dynasty crap being sold at Kohl's and Walmart, in my neck of the woods, is just collecting dust on the shelves.
- A&E compromised its commitment to "being strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community" for a show that will have a short shelf-life. If you gonna support the LGBT community you gotta be able to deal with the heat.
- I feel so frustrated because one of my former students is living in a homeless shelter with her younger sister and mother. I don't know what to do. I see the mother almost everyday. How can I assist them in this difficult time? I feel so awkward about approaching this mom that is trying her best. She is a proud woman that has always impressed me. I feel if I discuss her situation she will feel embarrassed. Good people please offer suggestions.
- I am so grateful that my 23 year-old nephew decided, on his own, to visit my mom, brother, and 3 year-old nephew in Florida for the holidays. He offers me a new optimism about how a very dysfunctional family can move forward with each new generation of yungins. BTW, he had a great time and wants to revisit in the June. My sister did a good job raising him.
- I will have 46 years on this planet in March. I see, contemplate and react so much better than my earlier years. Some of us alien spirits need that amount of time.