Mar 9, 2015

I'm 47 and I Can Kick and Stretch



Yesterday, I celebrated my 47th year on this planet. As I do every year, let me share a few more things I learning on this journey:
  • young people will usually do what they want to do, despite an elder's excellent advice
  • unfortunately folks in position of power are rarely the best, brightest, or most qualified
  • a healthy baby is a blessing to a family because he or she renews hope and reminds adults of their journey
  • it is important to have a friend or confidant that is at least 10-15 years older than you
  • somethings are destined to be, and most things happen for a reason
  • I don't trust people that don't fess up to functioning on some level of  cray-cray
  • everything old, is new again
  • showing up for life is everything

2 comments:

Reneé said...

Happy Birthday to ya!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Allan! Bear HUGS!