Hey good people, I wish you all health, happiness and prosperity in the new year. Also, let me share some of my reflections from my own past year on this big blue marble in space:
- It is so important to have a daily mantra, affirmation or song in your head that will make you show up for life and push through.
- Playing papa bear to the yungins in my cohort has kept both me and them focused and motivated to get the work done. By sharing my strengths I make myself better and give others a boost up.
- Money is really truly at the root of all evil. Be careful about compromising yourself for that mean green. My how the pursuit of it can change people into something ugly.
- The impact poverty has on children's lives is profound. The ones who are able to come out of that abyss of the "odds against you" are truly exceptional. I continue to have tremendous respect for me and my siblings. We came from nothing, and made something happen, because of grit. I pray I develop that inner grit in my students, that also come from impoverished homes.
- For the first time since Marcos' passing I hosted Thanksgiving dinner at my house. I am grateful I shared the space in which I live with the people I love. I need to continue to do this hosting in order to fully enjoy giving and receiving love.
- Fear is always the enemy. Working from fear either immobilizes you or leads to poor choices. I am still working on knowing when I am feeling fear or using caution in my choices.
- Show up for life, be grateful for another day, know that you are blessed and that miracles happen everyday.