Aug 25, 2016

Back from Europe

 ethereal light illuminates La Sagrada Familia cathedral


I had a 10 day journey that took me from Paris, to Stiges, then Barcelona, and finally Madrid. It was amazing! As my jet lag wears off, I have these reflections on my trip:
  • It was affirmed to me that as humans, we are more alike than we are different. Our "culture" just flavors the way our common human nature is manifested. 
  • I felt an ancestral connection to Spain. These streets were traveled by my ancestors, These beautiful cities were build by my ancestors. I don't care if it sounds sentimental. I could live there tomorrow and fine a sense of home. 
  • The gene pool is thick! I kept seeing the faces that resembled my family and friends while walking the streets of Spain. 
  • On several occasions while my buddy and tour guide extraordinaire Rey slept in a little longer, I got dressed and headed out into the unknown streets of Paris by myslef, using the sun as my compass. Good to know the adventurer in me is still alive. 
I am grateful for being able to have this experience. God willing my passport will acquire many more stamps!

Went to the tippity-top and took in the city of lights.

Holly re-envisioned by a Parisian artist!

I let out a sincere wow at La Sagrada Familia.


Enjoying la cena within the Plaza Mayor.
Parisians loves them some graffiti. It is everywhere. 

Plaza Mayor from another angle. 

Simple yet exceptional.

Stiges showing love to Orlando, FL.

Gaudi is genious

Two queens gossiping.

Along the winding streets of Paris.

Gaudi's helmeted warriors watch over the streets of Barcelona from atop of Casa Milà aka La Pedrera 
A heart filled with gratitude. 



1 comment:

Reneé said...

Love the pics! I am so happy for you, and am glad you had the best of times.