Aug 11, 2016

This Crazy Monkey Done Did It!



Back in Aug. 31, 2013, I posted about being accepted into a TESOL Master program at SCSU. Well, good people, today I just handed in my final paper and have completed the program! A bitch is done! Let's hear it for this crazy monkey!

It was an intense ride. The work was deep. I have learned so much. I had the best cohort. We called ourselves the Last Call Cohort, because we were the last cohort under the grant. I got this masters degree absolutely free! I will also have a second teaching license in ESL if I decide to change from being a special education teacher. Wow! A lot has happened.

I remain eternally grateful to Marcos. It was Marcos that convinced me to go back to school, move to CT, and make the changes I wanted in life. I feel his presence often and always whisper a sincere thank you into the air whenever he is around.

What got me through this experience is not wanting to let him or my family down. I also became very invested in supporting members of my cohort, which was very motivating. I kept telling these yungins, that were always on the verge of a breakdown, to "push through". And, push through is what we did!

Now, I am off to Paris tomorrow, then Barcelona, and the cherry on the sundae will be Stiges in Madrid. I will post from abroad whenever I can.

 As I walk out of this library in gratitude, with a big smile on my face, I say "Peace good people. Go grab yourself some life."

1 comment:

Reneé said...

You better do your damn thing! I am so happy for you! Enjoy all of you travels, and much love to Marcos Eternal for his inspiration and dedication.