Jul 4, 2010
When Puppetry Goes Wrong
Oye, Michael Steele, this article urged me to tell you the signs that show when you are a puppet:
- You go into life with knowing half the story, yet you signed up for a one-sided world view and left unbalanced.
- You accept a culture and systematic approach that spreads a lie that some are better than others. You then to choose to be on the side of the ones that are deemed better by a lopsided world view.
- You mingle among a circle of people that say you are better than your brother man, because, you have obtained the speech, tone, and form that is most pleasing, while delivering their message.
- You understand the acceptance of the inner-circle is conditional, and you condition yourself to be acceptable.
- You see faces that smile at you bet yet never really know you.
- You choose to let others take your unique you to redefine you.
- You get talking points which at times you are not sure if you agree, then you are consoled by them by being told to look at it from the unbalanced perspective tethered to their clear agenda.
- You finally find yourself pulled in many different directions, and not feeling grounded.
- You are told to apologize to Rush Limbaugh.
At this point you have become the puppet. Don't step down, just step forward, release the strings and go from puppet boy to man.
Activists are often born from places where they were robbed of their intellect, humanity and voice.