Mar 11, 2012

Deja Vu All Over Again

Singing Cowboy in NYC circa 1950s - Photo by Frank Oscar Larson

Singing Cowboy in NYC circa 2000s - Photo by Vramdal
The more things change, the more they stay the same. I gagged when I saw this image taken, of a cowboy singing for his supper, during the 1950s in Times Square. 

I gagged because I immediately thought of Naked Cowboy pimping himself out to tourist in Times Square since the late 90s.

It's all just a little bit of history repeating. 

BTW, Mr. Larson's work is currently being shown at the Queens Museum in NYC. Click here for more.

4 comments:

Bob said...

I'm more partial to the briefs Wrangler.


Just sayin'.

Wonder Man said...

memories

zabski said...

nice:)

Moving with Mitchell said...

Oh, I so prefer the contemporary Singing Cowboy!