Aug 24, 2012

Now You Have It, Now You Don't

PARIS - OCTOBER 01:  Designer John Galiano walks the runway during the Christian Dior Ready to Wear Spring/Summer 2011 show during Paris Fashion Week at Espace Ephemere Tuileries on October 1, 2010 in Paris, France.  (Photo by Tony Barson/WireImage) *** Local Caption *** John Galiano

So, looks like stripping medals, honors, or titles is the thing to do these days. 

Lance Armstrong punked out against his fight with USADA, that accused him of doping in order to win his Tour de France titles. The result being he is stripped of those racing titles. 

I am of the firm belief that if I am innocent of something, I would fight until my last day. 

I am not surprise about Lance's actions. He knows what he did, along with many others in his sport during that time.

I guess Lance stayed true to himself by punking out. Ya recall when he dropped singer Sheryl Crow soon after she was diagnosed with breast cancer. 

Now, I just read that John Galliano was stripped of his Chevalier of the Legion of Honor.

This is another blow to Galliano, after he made the big mistake of spewing anti-Semitic remarks, while getting shit-faced at a bar.  Johnnie also got the boot at Dior and his own namesake label. 

The moral of the story is cheaters never win, and God don't like ugly. 

1 comment:

Moving with Mitchell said...

Sadly, cheaters (and ugly) "do" quite often win, but it's nice to know sometimes cheaters do get caught and sometimes "ugly" (and like you, I am not talking physical ugly) is not rewarded!