Oct 4, 2008

CWOS Day Two - Updated


It's a beautiful day in in Fair Haven, CT. It's also day two of the CWOS. The traffic has been steady and Marcos is getting to connect with the community, and hearing great feedback about his work.

We also got better acquainted with artist Clymneza Hawkins, who is showing her work just down the street from us. Her medium is collage & assemblage with the use of her photography. Really cool vibe, I got off of her. I hope she does well. [Update: Just saw her work. A perfect match between artist and art. Really cool.]

Part of this experience is being able to not only sell your work, but meet other artist and art lovers. This building of community and connection is essential for an artist. Often they work so isolated. I'm happy Marcos is getting a chance to talk to perfect strangers about what he does, and how he does it.

I also appreciate that this year ArtSPACE organized the event, to take place in several neighborhoods, throughout the New Haven area. People are getting a chance to visit places and spaces they might not have gone to, if it wasn't for this event.

By the way all of the images you are seeing in the CWOS posts are pieces Marcos has on view during the event.

I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Allan, it sounds so nice; a community of artists and creativity! I have no gas and no money, which makes it difficult to travel. Thank you so much for being so welcoming! I'm sure Marcos will have many successful shows I can visit soon!

Have fun!