Oct 3, 2008

CWOS Up and Running


Well good people, ArtSPACE's 11th Annual City-Wide Open Studio (CWOS) is up and running. This is an amazing event that allows hundreds of artists to showcase their work. What you will see when you come to this event is a wide-range of ideas and use of mediums. Whether it is painting, sculpture, photography, well you name it, you will find something to intrigue you.

As you know, Marcos is showing this year (see below for details). After we set up camp I took some time to visit the neighboring artists spaces set up by the event. I have to say there is some great art laid out for this year's attendees.

Across the street from where Marcos is showing is artist William Meddick. William says this about his work as an artist, "While I paint, the anxieties of daily life fall into a logical and workable order. The painting process allows me to interpret my gut attraction to certain images. The painting captures the essence of how you see and feel at that precise time in your life, my own visual diary." Stop by and visit William, Marcos and all the other artist showing in the Fair Haven area. You won't be disappointed.

By the way, Marcos, has been receiving positive feedback about his work from today's visitors. A highlight of the evening occurred when two Lesbian artists stopped by for a visit. We talked about art, culture, last night's VP debate, and our concerns for the future. Believe it or not we managed to laugh a bit, and the consensus was that we had to make sure we continued to raise our voices. If not now, then when?

I'm looking forward to day two. And, I hope to meet some more local readers of this blog. I actually met a reader at the opening event the night before. Yes, it is a small world.

I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Allan thank you for your support. You are getting so good at selling my work. I have a true fan in you.


Marcos

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Too bad, I'm not close by or I'd have dropped by to say hi!