May 17, 2012

Donna's Turn at Metamorphosis



What you need to understand about me and Donna Summer, is that her voice and the music she sang to, got me through a very dysfunctional and abusive childhood. 

She always brought sexy and exciting music into my world that enabled me to let my imagination take off.


I remember the first time I heard “Love To Love You Baby,” I got so swept up in her voice in the music. It was a new day for me. I must have been 7 or 8 years old.

The grown folks were talking as the song played. The topic was whether or not her moaning was recorded while she was actually having sex. 

Wow! I loved it even more. She was dangerous in my eyes at the moment, and I mean it in a good way. 

At first they were all doubtful, but then when Donna really got into it, she convinced the room that she actually was getting it on.


My appreciation for Donna was very sincere. I was a 10 year-old gayling that had posters of Donna on my bedroom walls. I would look at her dressed in sexy glittery gowns, and fantasized I was right along side her. 

I of course imagined we were both best of friends and living it up at the nightclubs DJ Paco talked about on WKTU.


Thank you, Donna Summer, for your amazing voice and for being a part of an amazing time in music history. 

Even when you got all church about gays, I gave you a pass, because I knew you eventually would come to your senses.


It is your turn at metamorphosis. Marcos, along with hundreds of your fans, is going to be on the other side to guide you through the first few layers. 


All will be revealed and you will understand how you were a divine part of it.

3 comments:

Reneé said...

I've been waiting for you to post because I knew you would say it better than I ever could.

Allan S. said...

xoxo sent out to the lovely being known as Renee

Moving with Mitchell said...

Well said. Weren't her views about gay people misrepresented anyway?