Nov 13, 2008

Strange Dream


Late last night I had a craving for a second serving of the beef stew, I had made for dinner. I had a very small bowl, and went right back to sleep. This was the outcome.

I had this dream that several alien spaceships landed in NYC. It was daytime and the streets were filled with people. Suddenly a large speaker came out of the ships and calm deep voice said:

"We are here to enslave your planet, and to help you with the process we are offering the following injections."

Then these little black boxes came out of a hatch and had three samples that offered a drug that would alter your perception of reality. They were packaged really cute and depending on your dose you would be fairly aware of what was going on or totally oblivious.

The people on the streets asked the ship why we would need to be medicated the ship replied:

"We are a reptilian race. You will find our appearance grotesque and nightmarish, which will result in some of you going mad, and would make it generally difficult for us to interact. We are offering this drug to make the transition easier."

Everyone was a bit anxious but there was no real pandemonium. Marcos and I starting exiting Manhattan. I told him:

"We don't need to take the drug, this is a set up. All we have to do is see them from a distance so that our brain can process what we are seeing without going mad. We can gradually train ourselves to tolerate their appearance. We have to stay aware in order to fight back."

My mother always said one should never go to bed after eating. Y'all that beef stew was worth the crazy dream.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was amazing. I never have dreams like that. My last most vivid dream was me being in a car with my friend from elementary school and us not being able to find the house of another friend.

That's it. It went on all night until I woke up. Be thankful. A healthy dreamlife is a sign of an active imagination!

Wonder Man said...

Interesting dream...I like it