Jan 6, 2009

Lazy Lima Bean View


When I'm laid back on my sofa this is what I see. My living room y'all. I ponder thoughts and look at the masks, Devon gave to me and the artwork of Marcos' students. I wonder what they think about the world around me. I imagine conversations and these are some things that have come to light. By the way I am not crazy. I just have a vivid imagination.

> People that don't have children usually become self-absorbed. People that have children often neglect themselves. If you can, mentor a young person to find the balance. If you have children, put them to clean while you do something for yourself.

> A brilliant mind is a terrible thing to waste. Brilliant minds often waste a lot of time.

> I'm brilliant and legendary in my own mind, like most people.

> A person with a lifetime of emotional drama eventually shuts down and just functions. They will on occasion allow themselves to feel something, but with some level of fear in their hearts.

> The natural world is so clever and has a great sense of humor. If you don't believe me learn about male seahorses.

> The divine whispers and the dark has amplifiers turned up to 10.

> If you have a negative relationship with food....get some fucking help. Because you are worth it darling.

> Heavy drinking is bad. Sobriety is difficult and may be a myth. Once a pickle, never a cucumber. People often put one bad thing down and pick up another. With that said, don't drink and go to meetings. What the fuck do I know?

> Are cats really deep, and tuned into something mystical, or just simple minded creatures that benefit from our perception of their aloofness?

> What ancient wisdom have we lost? What ancient alchemy is needed today to cure? What has science removed from our thinking that would've enabled us to still do magic?

> People are beautiful and amazing. I look forward to learning from them and loving them until it's my time to cross over.

6 comments:

Reneé said...

"Random Thoughts" postings can be fun.

Wonder Man said...

love the living room. Also you gave me some food for thought

Anonymous said...

I love that wall color! Is that textured paint too! I wish I wasn't renting so I could really paint how I wanted. My landlord said it was fine, but I don't want to paint it back to white when I upgrade...

Allan S. said...

Thanks V. Junior the walls are textured plaster. The house was built in the early 1930s. I would suggest you paint at least one wall in your space a color that livens you up.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Handsome space... Loved your wild thoughts... Like those Conversations With God books cept this is "Conversations with My Many Masks" or something... Get busy on the manuscript, and please acknowledge me in the Intro... LOL

Unknown said...

It's funny how you suggested to parents to keep a good balance put them to work while you do something for yourself...it's funny because as I respond to this, my son is doing the dishes!