Apr 27, 2011

Anxious Teacher Moment

I'm encouraging two of my students living with Autism to participate in the Science Fair. I truly feel they are capable of doing well, but I just had a panic attack about it.

I will have to guide them through the process. Truly make them feel confident with the material and concepts. The project focuses on magnetic force.

They also have to interact with visitors to their display. This is a significant area of development for both of them. I told them they will be teachers for a day. I know they can do it!

2 comments:

Joy said...

Let us know how this turns out. I'm so glad they have you for their teacher to encourage them and help them so much. My grandson has Aspergers (also Tourettes and ADHD) so I appreciate his teachers and know how it is. He's a charming little guy at 8 and has a lot on his plate.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

I hope they follow-thru!!