Okay good people, the children of America need you now more than ever. No Child Left Behind is up for reauthorization. Those of you who are in the field of education know NCLB is sooo not working. For those of you not in that field you should know that teachers are basically teaching students to pass a test.
The magic of becoming educated is being sap dry. America's youth is being robbed of an educational experience that provides them exploration, creativity, and considers them as individuals.
Please take two minutes to send a note to those in power to let them know we need a better plan to educate our young people. Go HERE to sign the online petition.
We need to let Georgie, the Senate and Congress know that what students, parents and educators really need is for elected officials in D.C. to:
* Use more than test scores to measure student learning and school performance.
* Reduce class size to help students learn.
* Provide financial incentives to teachers who work in hard-to-staff schools.
* Call teachers certified by the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards "highly qualified."
* Support for teachers of multiple subjects, including special education and rural educators.
I know in my heart that all who sign the petition will receive major positive karma points.