May 22, 2008

One Sick Puppy



Good people, I have returned from my sick bed. I am alive and kicking and grateful for it. I caught some stomach virus that resulted in me having to pray for mercy on my knees in front of my toilet. It was ugly. I spent the next two days thinking the following:

- I wanted my old faithful body back. The one I had to contend with would not let me breathe properly, and anything of nutritional value that I put in was immediately rejected.

- I am prone to periods of hypochondria. So, of course I wonder if this was the beginning of the end, or at the very least an early warning sign of a much more sinister illness that would forever change the quality of my life.

- I craved the following comfort foods: Yoo Hoo, Ice Cream, and Buffalo Wings. I tried the first two and it didn't go so well. Next time I'll just do Jell-o.

I'm happy to report I am on the mend. I feel much better now and have gotten back to about 85% of my normal superhuman strength. Although, my astral projection capabilities are still on the fritz. But, hey it's all about baby steps when one recovers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better Allan! Rest up. We need you at 100% to give those witty remarks!

Reneé said...

I'm glad you feel better. While you are on the road to recovery I am coming down with a cold no doubt caused by one of the little angels I've been working with the last couple of weeks.