Jul 30, 2009

Belch!


I just saw two separate segments on the evening news, broadcasted by rival network local news shows. Tonight, the hot issue was: What type of beer will Pres. Obama, Gates and Crowley drink during their meeting of the minds? They even had the nerve to go out into the public and ask people what they thought about the choices of beer the fellas were going to drink. Are you fucking kidding me!

God forbid the questions revolve around issues such as racism, abuse of authority, racial profiling, or violation of civil rights. Instead they turn the focus to talking about beer. They are even calling it the Beer Summit! As I watched that stupidity, I am reminded why I stopped turning on local news.

BTW, it gets worse. In later news they actually showed a video of clip of Pres. Obama and guests enjoying a cold one around a table.