Jul 7, 2009
Class Is In Session 2
We are up and running with Summer school. Here is a brief take on things.
Smiley Face Moments:
- A few students have told me the course my co-teacher/colleague and I are offering is their favorite. I have an ego.
- I've been focused on monitoring my students reactions to the lecture and course correcting along the way. I strive to keep said ego in check.
- I've seen the "a-ha" and "light bulb goes on" moments on my students' faces. At the end of the day it's about them.
Frowny Face Moments:
- An unacceptable amount of students are absent or cutting class. Damn it!
- Administration can test your patience. They are here for the kids, but in a slightly different way. Therefore, at times we see things so differently.
- My boss was diagnosed with cancer.