Sep 24, 2009

It's A Wrap


Hey good people! I apologize for being MIA. I've been immersed in obligations and frustrations. Nuf said. So the NYC Fashion Week ended last week. It was a good time. Here are my thoughts:

- Way to go Christian Siriano! He showed for a second time in the big tents. I think it's awesome a Project Runway winner is taking that opportunity and werking it! Fierce!

- I love the trend of prints based on actual photographs. I feel Vivienne Tam took her classic butterfly motif to another level with this technique. Many other designers followed suit.

- Vivid colors were very important. Look for orange, purple, green, and believe it or not, get yourself some amber.

- My favorite accessory is the chunky colorful bracelet over at Diane Von Furstenberg. I think it would work well with at least three on one wrist, and the outfit being a solid color.

Bravo on a job well done American designers. BTW, fashion week is up and running in London this week. So far, Westwood is a standout.

1 comment:

Wonder Man said...

Westwood's stuff is cute