Dec 29, 2008

Psst...Yo I Got That Louis & Coach


True story good people. As I was making my way through Chinatown in NYC the other day, I noticed some not so down-low thing going on. Stationed at several key locations throughout Canal St. are asian women going up to touristy looking ladies, and letting them know they have the connection for designer bag knock-offs. They even have a sheet of paper showing the styles their sweatshops are putting out.

At one point this suburban looking white woman was huddled into a phone kiosk talking to the "connection" about what she has and how much is she asking for. Meanwhile, her counterparts looked on with a nervous giddiness. I'm sure they were living on the edge.

A few blocks down I see a billboard that lets folks know when you buy knock-offs and other counterfiet items you are supporting, child labor, drug trafficking, sweatshops and other negative influnces on communities and countries.

But these "shoppers" don't give a fuck. That's those people's problem, not theirs. Hey, fake bitches, flaunt fake shit!

3 comments:

Wonder Man said...

No. no they should save up and get them a real Louis. It feels good to buy it from the store, well, it felt good to me.

Anonymous said...

As much as I don't like knock-offs, I also don't understand the whole "bag/shoe" thing. I mean why spend all that money on something that's just a fraction of your ensahmble.

Instead, buy yourself something cute at Target to hold your junk and buy a cute coat that everyone can see you walk fiercely in from a mile away!

Unknown said...

I agree with Junior...I myself have a collection of recycled shopping bags with cute images to hold my stuff, the most expensive one was 1.99. I get to change my bag all the time. Ironically, I get a lot of compliments!