Jun 8, 2009

I Love Raul, But Tony Doesn't


When is Raul Esparza going to get his Tony!? I've seen Raul in Taboo, Cabaret and perform at Bryant Park; he is amazing. His voice is divine, his stage presence is magnetic. I just don't get it. Is he to become the Susan Lucci of the Tonys?

He has totally paid his dues. He's a true workhorse of a performer. I bet every Broadway producer and theatre company has that papi chulo on speed dial. Life is not fair sometimes.

A side note, Bret Micheals performing at the Tonys was just plain ewwwww.

4 comments:

Bob said...

"ewwww" is putting it mildly.

Anonymous said...

And do you know how the Tony Gods showed their displeasure with Michaels... By dropping a piece of the set on his nose.

No seriously, he's OK, but even still it was kind of serendipitous.

Allan S. said...

I saw that Jun. I laughed, felt a bit guilty, and then got over it.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Oh, I forgot that he didn't win for Company.... I thought he did...