Sep 21, 2008

Hollywood Is So Whack 1


So just now, I decided to take a peek at the Emmys. Two men ripped a man-style suit off of Heidi Klum, so that she shows more cleavage and leg. Heidi camps it up and says something along the lines like, "Is this much better." She smiles and serves it the way a former model knows how to serve.

Then Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are introduced and present the award for best male supporting actor. Tina and Amy do a joke that relates to Amy being insulted about her belly size being mistaken for pregnanancy, and Amy says to Tina, she gained weight for a role. Jeremy wins and comes up to the stage and makes a gesture suggesting, he is going to look under Amy's dress. FYI Amy is really pregnant.

It get's worse. The actresses of Desperate Housewives are put through a segment that starts off women-powered, but ends up being catty. Oh, did I mention that Heidi is once again praised for her looks.

Wow, Josh Grobin is a fucking sell out.

Women have it fucking rough in this culture.

The channel is changed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Allan, I knew I could turn to you for the Emmy take I didn't expect. I didn't watch the beginning so I missed all the women-bashing. That's crazy. There need to be more females writing the material behind-the-scenes to keep this sh!t in check.

Reneé said...

The write-ups of the show that I've read have been vicious. Five hosts seems a bit much so I'm surprised that it was allowed to happen. Obviously no gays were involved in the development phase of this year's show. The Heidi clothes-off thing is not going down well.

Wonder Man said...

L.A. is whack, I live here and see that whackness everyday