Sep 18, 2008

Let Me Be, AARP


Has AARP (American Association for Retired Persons) changed their demographic target audience? I just got an email from them today! For those of you that don't know, AARP "is a nonprofit, nonpartisan membership organization for people age 50 and over." I just turned 40. I aint ready for that yet!

I know I'm starting to sprout some grey hairs and can't get into Gossip Girl. Just because I like me some ambient music in the background that is calming to my tender nerves, doesn't mean I'm ready for a life as a Golden Girl! I'm still spry and willing to use drugs recreationally.

They better back it up. Let me be AARP! Ya can holla at me when, god willing, I turn 50. See, I'm hip. I just used the word holla.

3 comments:

Reneé said...

The AARP branched out into insurance coverage shortly after siding with Bush on the Medicare prescription drug plan that is now starting to screw seniors over; they lost some of the rank and file because of that. They are looking to up their membership ranks to give them more power in D.C. That's why they are playing so many commercials on TV featuring kids, and young and older adults. I know someone 28 years old who got an email so don't worry about it.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Yeah... I ignore them altogether...

Wonder Man said...

Who needs AARP, when you still got some pep in your step