Jun 30, 2008

Bridesmaid, Never The Bride



Nora Ephron has this flight of fantasy regarding Obama asking Al Gore to be his running mate. It's actually not a bad idea. But, I don't think Al wants to serve a third term as a vice-president.

"I know it's not a great job. And I know you didn't like it the first time. But that was because of Bill and Hill. They won't be there. I will.

Here's the deal: we'll redefine the job. I know, I know -- everyone says this, but I mean it. I'll throw every power in my possession behind you and together we'll attack global warming, save the environment, and create a twenty-first century energy policy. We'll be partners in every way.

In return, you'll be vice president of the United States and everything I need in a running mate:

You're white.

You're experienced.

You're older than I am and younger than John McCain.

You're qualified to be president, and yet I have no fear of being upstaged by you.

You were right on Iraq.

You're from the South.

You have an Oscar, an Emmy and a Nobel Prize.

And more than any politician, you're an exemplar of change because you changed yourself.

What about it, Al?"
Source: huffingtonpost.com

No comments: