Feb 9, 2009

Look What I Did!

I'm pretty mama!

I got a letter today from the Interim Dean for the School of Education. Basically he said I done a good job and have made it to the Dean's List! I'm in the top 10% of my class in the School of Education with my 3.60 gpa.

Those of you near and dear to me know that 2008 was one rollercoaster of a ride for me. There was a lot of intense moments, personal challenges, and moments I felt like I wasn't on the right path.

What has made this accomplishment possible was me kicking into High-Riding Bitch mode on many occassions. While I have the ability to push myself into a downward spiral at times, I can also rally the spiritual and mental troops to get the job done. I often have to say to myself "C'mon bitch, get it into gear and handle yours!"

Thank you to my ancestral spirits that always inspire me. A big thank you to family and friends for always sharing encouraging words. I'm gonna keep on keeping on. I got work to do, if I want to share my love and desire to help create positive change for those around me.

P.S. Marcos was so happy and proud of me he did a ton of dishes! And, I cooked a killer pot of Chili and made homemade Guacamole. We celebrate with food in this house! LOL

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Allan! But you don't need it! Clearly, you are the maker of your own destiny... Those star signs are merely giving you a little nudge...

Reneé said...

Yaaayyy! Good for you, Allan. Well done.

Wonder Man said...

congrats and keep it up

Todd HellsKitchen said...

A++