Feb 5, 2009
It's Your Thing...Do Want You Want To Do
Most of my blogs of choice have been putting the Passion for Christ Movement on blast for their new line of t-shirts they are selling to young folks. The picture above is one of the slogans available.
As many of you know, I work with teenagers. Here's my take on what would happen if they saw a fellow student with the "Ex-Masturbator" t-shirt:
- Laugh till the point that they either cry or throw-up.
- Think about that student masturbating
- Think about themselves masturbating
- Think about masturbation period
- Think about sex
For those already masturbating some would:
- Think that there aint nothing wrong with masturbating and continue to have long private bathroom time
- Feel guilty about pleasuring themselves, resulting in their heads being messed up about sexual urgings and themselves
Wouldn't it be better to teach them to have healthy attitudes about sex and to practice behaviors that are about self-respect and protection. Yes, I would include the option of abstinence. However, to promote a message that makes young people deny or feel weird about urges concerning sex, and that center around guilt, is twisted.