Feb 5, 2009

It's Your Thing...Do Want You Want To Do


Most of my blogs of choice have been putting the Passion for Christ Movement on blast for their new line of t-shirts they are selling to young folks. The picture above is one of the slogans available.

As many of you know, I work with teenagers. Here's my take on what would happen if they saw a fellow student with the "Ex-Masturbator" t-shirt:

- Laugh till the point that they either cry or throw-up.
- Think about that student masturbating
- Think about themselves masturbating
- Think about masturbation period
- Think about sex

For those already masturbating some would:

- Think that there aint nothing wrong with masturbating and continue to have long private bathroom time
- Feel guilty about pleasuring themselves, resulting in their heads being messed up about sexual urgings and themselves

Wouldn't it be better to teach them to have healthy attitudes about sex and to practice behaviors that are about self-respect and protection. Yes, I would include the option of abstinence. However, to promote a message that makes young people deny or feel weird about urges concerning sex, and that center around guilt, is twisted.

4 comments:

Reneé said...

Honey, I'm trying to wrap my head around the t-shirt that says ex-slave. Is that a sexuality reference or a spiritual one. Surely they don't mean slave in the indentured sense? I know that if I saw someone in an ex-diva t-shirt I'd have to tell them no such creature exists because you either are...or never were.

Allan S. said...

The "Ex-Slave" t-shirt refers to being free from the "bondage" of habits that are not in keeping with God's plan. One of the main messages of this hip-hop Christian movement.

Wonder Man said...

This is a movement that's going nowhere

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Oy! I wasn't aware of this... Sheesh!