Mar 5, 2009

Getting Ready For Baby


With the blessings of the Goddess, I'm going to be an uncle again. My brother Anthony and his better half, Teresa, are going to have a baby. I am so happy for them. I just remembered I need to call them and share this story. I can't count on him to remember to read the blog.

My Global Women's Studies professor is fierce. She is so right on with her knowledge and comes correct. Recently, she talked about the benefits of breast feeding. Breast feeding is easier to do, cost next to nothing, bonds the mother and child and is way healthier for the baby. She breast fed both of her children.

Her advice to the women and men in the class was to prepare for the experience. She highly recommended that a women have her partner suck on her nipples while she is pregnant, so that her breast will become use to the experience. It seems the first few months of breast feeding a baby can be painful, because the mother's nipples are not use to be bitten and sucked on.

Jaws dropped and the room was filled with awkward giggles. Hey, she was keeping it real. Learn more by visiting La Leche.

3 comments:

Reneé said...

Congrats on getting uncle-d again.

Wonder Man said...

congrats

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Congrats on the new baby... And on the nipple thing, let me just say: Ahem...