Here is a list of things that I feel are WHACK. In my book WHACK is defined as something that is absurd, asinine, unfair and/or contrived.
- I find it whack that former Olympic track gold medalist, Marion Jones, was sentenced to six months in prison Friday for lying to investigators about using performance-enhancing drugs and her role in a check-fraud scam. Marion has been publicly disgraced and was stripped of her medals. Why put salt on the wound? What she did was whack, but putting her in jail is even whacker. I feel she should have been put on probation and given tons of hours of community service.
- It's also whack that there is a long list of guys in baseball who lie all the time about their steroid abuse, and they are getting away with it.
- If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, moves like a duck, then it's a duck. It's so whack that there is a fear to use the "R" word. Yes, folks we are in a recession. Perhaps, what is going on doesn't fit the traditional definition, but with the housing bubble bursting, people falling behind on credit card payments and retail stores overflowing with unsold merchandise from the holiday season; it's time to call it what it is. We're in a recession. There, it's out in the open. Brown bag your lunch tomorrow. You'll need those dollars.
- It's really whack that Britney's mother wrote another book on parenting. What's even whacker is this latest one was pulled from being released not because her oldest daughter has gone nuts, but because the younger one got knocked up at 16. Hmm, maybe she was left off the hook on the Britney stuff cause Britney's breakdown is occurring while she's an adult; therefore, Lynn Spears had nothing to do with that.
- It's whack that in 2008 people have to ask the question "Is America ready for a female or black president?" I guess America is only ready for closeted, philandering, corrupt, grimy elected officials.